Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike <ma...@pagemedia.fr> on 2001/12/03 16:55:36 UTC

Help : Use Oracle 8i JDBC driver

Hi everyone. I have some newbie questions.

I use Tomcat 3.2.3 /Linux and Oracle 8i /Windows NT
I would like to know how should I specify JDBC drivers (classpath, their
location).

I read also that Oracle JDBC drivers  need to use versions of JDK < = 1.1.1
or our server is 1.3.1 Is this absolutely necessary?

Thanks a lot.

Please Help : Use MySQl

Posted by "Fabian Avila L." <al...@cue.eolnet.net>.
Hi everyone.

Please help us with configuration. Our Foundation, ELIC, Escuelas Libres de
Investigación Científica para Niños' is a non profit institution.

I use Tomcat 4.0.1, Apache 2.0.28, Mysql 3.22 and solaris 8, and need conect
with database, please help with this configration.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Help : Use Oracle 8i JDBC driver

Posted by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com>.
If you put the Oracle drivers archive file (classes12.zip) in the lib
directory ( /path/to/tomcat/lib ) it will be automatically loaded for
you when tomcat starts up. You don't have to specify it in the
classpath.

You can put your JDBC connect string, driver, username and password
into the web.xml file as context-params similar to this:

    <context-param>
      <param-name>data.driver</param-name>
      <param-value>org.postgresql.Driver</param-value>
      <description>Database JDBC driver</description>
    </context-param>

Then they will be available from the application scope like this:

String driver = application.getInitParameter("data.driver");

Not sure which version of the drivers you are using, but I think the
number after classes in the filename is the java version supported, so:

classes111.zip -> Java 1.1
classes12.zip  -> Java 1.2