Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony Tomcat <to...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/05 20:20:43 UTC

Performance monitoring

I started writing a Filter for my tomcat to monitor performance but
then I started wondering..  Is there a solution already out there that
I can use?  Can I pull data from Tomcat's MBeanServer?

What I would like to know is how long my servlets are taking to run.
I need the Min, Max and  Average times.   I then would build a servlet
to output the data in XML or HTML format.  I also would want the data
over the past hour and past 24 hours.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions!
Tony

Re: Performance monitoring

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
What all of these are missing are things like:

    * Overall per web app (not per-connector thread) max and avg request
      time, request concurrency, etc.
    * Overall per web app max and average session concurrency, etc.
    * Percentage of overall CPU time spent in servlet requests, etc

Somewhere one does cross the hazy Heisenberg uncertainty principal line,
i.e. noticeably impacting performance by trying to hard to measure
performance...

--
Jess Holle

Re: Performance monitoring

Posted by e <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Performance monitoring

Posted by Francesco Del Moro <f....@webship.it>.
CHESS-CODE:s04hchmi42m2t3k3s41ktl27o8s9c9pa8b9c0c8cpt8dge8v2voo0
Posted by Tony Tomcat <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: Performance monitoring

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.