Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Charlie Smith <Sm...@ldschurch.org> on 2003/02/24 15:54:08 UTC

Re: sanity check problem: Help installing mod_perl 1.27 andapache 1.3.27

Yes.  I used gcc to compile perl 5.8, DBI 1.30, DBD::Orace 1.12.

Then as part of this particular install, I've installed HTML-Parser-3.27,
URI-1.23, URI-1.22, libwww-perl-5.69.

I did have similar type of problem with perl 5.8 install.  I changed all file
containing 'WI,-E' to not use ',-E'.  This allowed me to get through the 'make'
for perl 5.8.

I've read the install docs.  There's an item on Solaris 2.5, on STRONHOLD, but
I'm 2.8.

>>> "Ged Haywood" <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk> 02/20/03 02:00PM >>>
Hi there,

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Charlie Smith wrote:

> Am having problems as seen in the 'sanity check' below.
[snip]
> -lsocket -lnsl -lpthread  -Wl  -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/local/lib
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
> -L/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/CORE -lperl -lsocket -lnsl -ldl
-lm
> -lc
> cc1: Invalid option `-Wl'
> cc1: Invalid option `-Wl'

The -Wl argument should be followed by a comma and option(s) which gcc
will pass to the linker.  Your -Wl has no option(s) after it.  This is
not good.  The configuration process does some substitutions on the Wl
argument depending on the platform etc.  Maybe the substitution isn't
working right on your platform.

In an earlier post you said that you'd had to add to your path to get
'make' to run.  That's weird, makes me think your setup is whacky.
Have you used make, gcc etc. to compile anything else on your system?

Have you tried to build Apache stand-alone (without mod_perl)?

Have you read the INSTALL documents for anything that might be mentioned
about your platform?

73,
Ged.

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.