Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/05/06 17:47:56 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "InstallThrift" by EricEvans

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by EricEvans:
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/InstallThrift

The comment on the change is:
imported from confluence wiki

New page:
Thrift expects to make an official release so that distributors can package it up nicely Real Soon Now.  In the meantime, installing thrift is a bit of a bitch.  We are sorry about that, but we don't know of a better way to support a vast number of clients mostly automagically.

 1. `aptitude install libboost1.35-dev python-dev autoconf automake pkg-config make libtool flex bison build-essential` (or the equivalent on your system) (assumes you are interested in building for python; omit python-dev otherwise)
 1. Grab the thrift source: `svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/trunk thrift-trunk`
 1. `cd thrift-trunk`
 1. `./bootstrap.sh`
 1. `./configure` (you may need to add `--without-ruby` or `--without-csharp` or any other targets that are giving you trouble)
 1. `make`
 1. `make install`