Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@digitalinsight.com> on 2004/03/30 10:55:01 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit: coco on-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow

First, I love the idea of Java Flow. However, I'd also like to see
JavaScript Flow in a block so I can disable it if I want.

Second, at first I liked the idea of disabling unstable blocks by default,
but after looking at blocks.properties I get the feeling that all that would
do is make it a pain to get the sample site working, unless the build was
changed to use a samples.blocks.properties to build the sample site.
Blocks.properties clearly identifies the unstable blocks so I don't think
that is a problem.

Ralph

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Second, at first I liked the idea of disabling unstable blocks by default,
> but after looking at blocks.properties I get the feeling that all that would
> do is make it a pain to get the sample site working, unless the build was
> changed to use a samples.blocks.properties to build the sample site.
> Blocks.properties clearly identifies the unstable blocks so I don't think
> that is a problem.

Except that practically no one is reading it: have a look at
INSTALL.txt, most people will read just the first section, and there is
no mention whatsoever of unstable stuff.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)