Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/10/08 09:56:20 UTC

Plz Help running Coccon 2 and Xindice 1 in tandem

Well I have re-installed xindice and still getting issues relating to
running Cocoon 2 with xindice .
Both work on their own fine both welcome pages and examples plus being
running xpath within xindice
 .
I have no recall on having to setup or manage Indexes to speed up
performances commonly used with Xpath So Collection no Index Manager has
thrown me.Please confirm if I'm off course as I don't really need to
Manage Indexex as I elminated any real need for attributes and their values.
although <title> Element could be used tyo differeniate between my xml
pages within the database.

Plz advice as I'm realy getting annoyed that I can't get Cocoon to
publish my xml content pages as this is really my last hurdle to
completing my work assignment.

fatal

*message*_Could not read resource xmldb:xindice://172.16.3.80:4080/db/_

*description*_ org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not read
resource xmldb:xindice://172.16.3.80:4080/db/:
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection No IndexManager_

*sender* org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

*source* Cocoon servlet

*stack-trace*

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not read resource xmldb:xindice://172.16.3.80:4080/db/: org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection No IndexManager

--
Regards
Chuck Robert Amadi

Before you criticize someone,
you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them,
you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Re: Plz Help running Coccon 2 and Xindice 1 in tandem

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Cheers I'll try that as I'm led to beleieve creating the addressbook
example would of been the first collection if I'm mistaken.
Also I did create my live project whereby my web(xml)-development stuff
was added via adding multiple documents into my xml proj collection .

So nevertheless I'll go iterate thru the process again.

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Chuck Amadi wrote:
>
>> Well I have re-installed xindice and still getting issues relating to
>> running Cocoon 2 with xindice .
>> Both work on their own fine both welcome pages and examples plus
>> being running xpath within xindice
>> .
>> I have no recall on having to setup or manage Indexes to speed up
>> performances commonly used with Xpath So Collection no Index Manager
>> has thrown me.Please confirm if I'm off course as I don't really need
>> to Manage Indexex as I elminated any real need for attributes and
>> their values.
>> although <title> Element could be used tyo differeniate between my
>> xml pages within the database.
>>
>> Plz advice as I'm realy getting annoyed that I can't get Cocoon to
>> publish my xml content pages as this is really my last hurdle to
>> completing my work assignment.
>>

>> fatal
>>
>> *message*_Could not read resource xmldb:xindice://172.16.3.80:4080/db/_
>>
>> *description*_ org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not read
>> resource xmldb:xindice://172.16.3.80:4080/db/:
>> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection No IndexManager_
>

> Root collection (db/) can not be read (enumerated) because there is no
> ^^^^^^^^^.
>
> Create any other collection under db/, and access it - it should work.
>

> Vadim
>

>> *sender* org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>>
>> *source* Cocoon servlet
>>
>> *stack-trace*
>>
>> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Could not read resource
>> xmldb:xindice://172.16.3.80:4080/db/:
>> org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Collection No IndexManager

--
Regards
Chuck Robert Amadi
ICT Dept Systems Programmer.
Rhaglenydd Systemau Adran ICT.
Roll on Linux Power too deliver.
Rholiwch ar Linux Y gallu i y Dosbarthu.

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.