Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/24 23:24:37 UTC

trouble uninstalling feature

I'm trying to uninstall a feature prior to installing it.

I see in the karaf cmd line (feature:repo-list) that there is only one repo
added for this feature name.

However, when I issue 'feature:uninstall foo' it fails and states that I
must specify a specific version b/c there are three versions for the same
feature name.

How does karaf find this list of features/versions?  I have grep'd my repo
and system folders for the feature name and only find the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
version for this feature.

Is it possible to do something like 'feature:uninstall foo *' and have karaf
uninstall all versions of the same feature?

Also, prior to any installations I delete the related folders for this
feature in repo and system.

Re: trouble uninstalling feature

Posted by asookazian2 <as...@gmail.com>.
Thx for reply.  So I did 'feature:list -i' and see only 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
version, the other versions it claims are there are not there for this
feature name.  Something seems wrong...

jbonofre wrote

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
feature:list -i

feature:uninstall foo/version

You can do a script to uninstall all features with the same name (and
different version).

Regards
JB

On 11/24/2014 11:24 PM, asookazian2 wrote:
> I'm trying to uninstall a feature prior to installing it.
>
> I see in the karaf cmd line (feature:repo-list) that there is only one repo
> added for this feature name.
>
> However, when I issue 'feature:uninstall foo' it fails and states that I
> must specify a specific version b/c there are three versions for the same
> feature name.
>
> How does karaf find this list of features/versions?  I have grep'd my repo
> and system folders for the feature name and only find the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> version for this feature.
>
> Is it possible to do something like 'feature:uninstall foo *' and have karaf
> uninstall all versions of the same feature?
>
> Also, prior to any installations I delete the related folders for this
> feature in repo and system.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net