Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com> on 2013/08/29 15:02:03 UTC

[5.4] LinkSubmit Client-side Validation Broken

Hello,

Just wanted to check if anyone else can reproduce this before I post an issue;

Example tml;

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Bob</title>
</head>
<t:form>
<t:textfield value="bob" validate="required" />
<t:linksubmit>Link Submit</t:linksubmit>
<t:submit />
</t:form>

Example java;
@Property

private String bob_;

Clicking the linksubmit causes a POST regardless of the client-side validation on textfield bob, and when the page reloads we see the validation message.
Clicking the submit causes no POST and client-side validation appears immediately.

Hope someone can help confirm this as an issue!

Thanks,
Peter

Re: [5.4] LinkSubmit Client-side Validation Broken

Posted by Peter Hvass <P....@albourne.com>.
Hi Magnus!

Thanks for this. I have a JIRA opened here; https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2171

All the best,
Peter
Posted by Bård Magnus Kvalheim <ma...@kvalheim.eu>.
Hi Peter.

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.
No like I said I use the latest stable release ie (5.3.7 I think)

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: [5.4] LinkSubmit Client-side Validation Broken

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: [5.4] LinkSubmit Client-side Validation Broken

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: [5.4] LinkSubmit Client-side Validation Broken

Posted by Eugen <eu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Boris Horvat <ho...@gmail.com>.

--
Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: [5.4] LinkSubmit Client-side Validation Broken