Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ping Liu <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/10 02:56:01 UTC

JIRA ISSUE MANAGEMENT!

In Axis2 Jira issues (Issues => Unresolved: By Component => codegen),

Following issues have patches and are probably fixed.  However, no one has
verified and committed the fix.

AXIS2-2811
AXIS2-3037
AXIS2-4170
AXIS2-4859

I fixed AXIS2-4170 and attached the patch one month ago.  Meanwhile, I also
sent two e-mail notifications to request verification and checkin.  But I
haven't received any reply since then.

After browsing through all unresolved issues in codegen, I surprisingly
found mine is not the only case.  There are a few more as shown in the above
list.

AXIS2-2811 had fixed patch three years ago!!  AXIS2-3037 has patch submitted
in 2008 and AXIS2-4859 has patch since last year.  But nobody evaluates and
commits these patches.

There are also some issues with limited information -- typically with no
WSDL attached.  The following are some examples.

AXIS2-4250
AXIS2-4414
AXIS2-4455
AXIS2-5015

Some were filed long time ago.  There is no way to know whether these issues
are still valid.

My suggestion to the issue management is:
    - please take a review for all issues periodically
    - please evaluate patches
    - please review issues with limited information and send request to
original reporter for WSDL and reevaluation (close the invalid issues)

I am hesitating to continue working on issues and thinking maybe it is
better to send this suggestion first.

Thanks!

Ping