Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/08/20 16:15:27 UTC

Removing 1.0 and 1.1 from the download site...any objections?

All,

Since 1.1.1 is the stable version of Geronimo I'd like to propose
that we remove the older versions from the download site.  If there
are no objections I'll do this tomorrow when we announce the 2.0.1
release.

Re: Removing 1.0 and 1.1 from the download site...any objections?

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

vamsi

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>.
+1 to removing 1.0 and 1.1

Also... If I remember correctly, the only issue that prevented 1.2 from
releasing was the ConcurrentModificationException that came up under
stress testing of DayTrader.

Is that really enough to block the release?  Especially since (as far as
I know) there hasn't been
any work on fixing it (because the problem did not carry over into 2.0).

Jay

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 20, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> Since 1.1.1 is the stable version of Geronimo I'd like to propose
> that we remove the older versions from the download site.  If there
> are no objections I'll do this tomorrow when we announce the 2.0.1
> release.

Agreed.

--kevan

Re: Removing 1.0 and 1.1 from the download site...any objections?

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
On Aug 22, 2007, at 7:19 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> Does http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/ deserve a better mention,
> may be directly under "Available releases" section?

no, this is a last resort for downloads.  We rely on the mirror
system to spread the load.   If we specifically pointed to that URL
we'd likely stress the Apache infrastructure.

Re: Removing 1.0 and 1.1 from the download site...any objections?

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
I had never noticed http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/ and
http://archive.apache.org/dist/geronimo/ !

The download links from "Available releases" section of
http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html were directly taking me to some
mirror site. It was only today that I noticed that
http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html does have a link (with name main
distribution directory) to that page but under "Verifying the integrity of
the files" section.

Does http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/ deserve a better mention, may be
directly under "Available releases" section?

Equal surprises by looking at http://www.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/ &
http://archive.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/ for the first time! I will
be happy to see some highlighted links from
http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html to those pages.

Thanks,
Shiva

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.