Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christian Enklaar <ch...@mbs-software.de> on 2003/01/03 10:53:48 UTC

Batik 2.0 / and events

Hello,

does anybody know when Batik 2.0 will be released ?
I still have many problems concerning dynamic update
and I make use of animate/animateColor.

I have information stored in the <use> tag and want to access it on mouseClicks.
But of course I only get the elements that are part of the <symbol> ...
The symbols might be very complex, will be used several times and I need to keep
the svg-file as small as possible. Maybe there is allready an option in batik to replace
the <use> element by a <g> element (for example) containing all elements that are
defined for the <symbol>, after loading the svg ?!

Greetings,
		Christian.

Re: Batik 2.0 / and events

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@sun.com>.
Thomas E Deweese wrote:

> CE> does anybody know when Batik 2.0 will be released ?
>
>     No...

We still have not finished 1.5 but I still hope we can accomplish that
in the not too distant future. The commiters have been taken by other
projects which have made the last attempt at a 1.5 release unsuccessful.

Adding SMIL animation (that would be Batik 2.0) requires some major
modification/improvements to Batik and it is unclear at this time
when/how that would be done (resource-wise, this is an issue). As
always, contributors are welcome!

Vincent.

RE: Batik 2.0 / and events

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.