Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/01 02:33:18 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Graudate Apache Weex (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Hi, Justin.

After serious thinking these days, I decided to withindraw the graduation
vote. We need spend more time in Incubator, this graduation vote is a
little hurry.

I admitted your concerns about diverse and independent community have some
points, Weex still needs to impove in this apsect.

For branding part, I have some reservations about it, but I will see what I
can do to make things better.

Is there any other concerns you have about Weex towards graduation ?

FYI: Weex needs more active mentors, if possible. That would denifitely
help.

Best Regards,
YorkShen

申远

ซ่อยค่อย ลืมเขาแน่ <09...@gmail.com> 于2019年10月30日周三 下午9:20写道:

Posted by 申远 <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Dave and Justin.

Thanks to both of you, I‘m really appreciated your help.

Just have a nice conversation with Dave, I think Weex still needs to be in
the Incubator for some time.

I replied earlier in the thread, but the response from Weex really should
> be to complete a Podling Name Search -
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html <
> https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html>

I will do it and discuss it in another mailing list, as this list is too
long already.

At ApacheCon Shane gavse a version of this talk which also may help:
> http://shaneslides.com/fossbackstage/Who-Owns-That-FOSS-Brand.pdf

Thanks, Justin, this talk really taught me something, I really wish I could
read it years before.

Best Regards
York Shen

申远

Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>于2019年11月1日 周五11:28写道:

Best Regards
York Shen
申远

Re: [VOTE] Graudate Apache Weex (Incubating) as a Top Level Project

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi YorkShen,

I replied earlier in the thread, but the response from Weex really should be to complete a Podling Name Search - https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/names.html>

An issue is created here - https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH>

Someone on the Podling needs to do the research which should reveal any conflicts. The VP, Brand will approve or ask questions. It may be that some of these issues may require discussion about brand risk. Until the research is complete it is hard to know.

The Board is unlikely to approve graduation without the brand name being approved by the VP, Brand.

> Is there any other concerns you have about Weex towards graduation ?

These are the two. They are important. You are to be congratulated for overcoming the LGPL issue!

> FYI: Weex needs more active mentors, if possible. That would denifitely
> help.

Regards,
Dave