Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by "rxl@apache.org" <ra...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/11 03:52:57 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] PIP-235: Add metric for subscription back size

Hello kmter:

For subscription-level indicators, I think we can collect and record them
in Prometheus. The only thing to note here is that the subscription-level
indicators may have a large number of indicators in a specific business
scenario, which will have a certain impact on the indicator collection
itself. load. So the suggested way here is that we add a new dynamic
configuration in the Broker, e.g: subscriptionMetricsEnabled, by default we
set it to false, that is, by default, the metrics at the subscribe level
will not be collected. The business decides whether it needs to be opened
according to its own needs.

--
Thanks
Xiaolong Ran