Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Herder <dh...@triad-graphics.com> on 2001/07/04 22:57:10 UTC

Tomcat startup under NT

Essential Info:
Tomcat 3.2.2
Apache 1.3.20
NT 4 Workstation Service pack 4
JDK 1.3.1

When executing the command startup from TOMCAT_HOME, a startup window
appears then disappears in a fraction of a second. I read in the FAQ that
this is due to memory allocation for the command prompt, but under NT, I
cannot find a way to change this. Nonetheless, I don't think this is the
probem, as I am also getting a "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to
run servlets. I have followed the suggestions in the faq about capitalizing
the WEB-INF folder, but this has not changed anything.

But first things first, any suggestions on keeping the Tomcat Window open??

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Tomcat startup under NT

Posted by Steven Turoff <st...@home.com>.
Dave,

Open up a DOS command window and cd into TOMCAT_HOME/bin. Then issue the
command:

tomcat run

This will run tomcat in the same window and you can see the problem. When
you use the startup.bat script, it issues the command:

tomcat start

which runs Tomcat in a different window.

Steve

Re: Tomcat startup under NT

Posted by Krishna Muthyala <ge...@yahoo.com>.
check to see if you have setup  JAVA_HOME in your
system classpath aand also in the tomcat.bat
Kris

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/