Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2003/07/23 16:22:42 UTC

RE: mod_perl installation problem...

[ adding in apreq-dev ]

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Jim Morrison [Mailing-Lists] wrote:

> Libapreq is complaining too.. That's how this all started, I
> couldn't install Apache::Cookie.
>
> Ok.. I've had a bit of a clean up, and I can now get
> Apache&mod_perl compiling and running just fine.. __But__ I
> still can't for the life of me get Apache::Request and
> Apache::Cookie to install..  Going slowly insane.
[ ... ]
> And here is t/logs/error_log
>
> [Wed Jul 23 09:42:12 2003] [info] created shared memory segment #950274
> [Wed Jul 23 09:42:13 2003] [error] Can't load
> '/usr/src/libapreq-1.2/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Cookie/Cookie.so' for
> module Apache::Cookie: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory at /usr/local/lib
> /perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
>  at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/mod_perl.pm line 14
[ ... ]

Was a 'make' of libapreq successful, before the 'make test'? And
also, does the user you're running the tests as have the proper
permissions to be running tests within /usr/src/libapreq-1.2/?

--
best regards,
randy

RE: mod_perl installation problem...

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Jim Morrison [Mailing-Lists] wrote:
[ .. ]
> Make appeared to be successful yes (afaik)... I did wonder
> about the permissions thing but I tried as root to no avail..

Some people have had problems running the tests as root ... You
might want to try unpacking, building, and testing as some user
other than root, and only su to root when installing.

--
best regards,
randy

RE: mod_perl installation problem...

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Jim Morrison [Mailing-Lists] wrote:
[ .. ]
> Make appeared to be successful yes (afaik)... I did wonder
> about the permissions thing but I tried as root to no avail..

Some people have had problems running the tests as root ... You
might want to try unpacking, building, and testing as some user
other than root, and only su to root when installing.

--
best regards,
randy

RE: mod_perl installation problem...

> Was a 'make' of libapreq successful, before the 'make test'?
> And also, does the user you're running the tests as have the
> proper permissions to be running tests within /usr/src/libapreq-1.2/?

Make appeared to be successful yes (afaik)... I did wonder about the
permissions thing but I tried as root to no avail..

Kidnest,
Jim