Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Douglas Reames <do...@rmsfinance.com> on 2003/02/10 14:43:35 UTC

Cocoon 2.0.4 and subsitemaps

Would someone familiar with the Cocoon D ocumentation web app please give
me a tip about extending it.

I have:
[1]  Added a branch to:  /webapps/cocoon/samples/
[2] New branch ( /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames ) is a mirror image of
/webapps/cocoon/samples/poi,
[3] Finally, I added an entry to the Sample Index page:
/webapps/cocoon/docs/samples/samples.xml

When I select my new directory from the Index page, I do not get errors,
but I also get nothing but a Cocoon Logo.  I expected the mirror image's
(poi's) content.

Any ideas?  Are the modifications described above all that I should have to
make?

Regards,
Douglas Reames

Re: Cocoon 2.0.4 and subsitemaps

Posted by Douglas Reames <do...@rmsfinance.com>.
Thanks for replying Stephen.

The relevant  Sitemap / Subsitemap pipeline entries are:
[A]  Sitemap (  /webapps/cocoon/sitemap.xmap ) --

<!--  'mount other sample pages'   -->
  <map:match pattern="samples/**">
       <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="samples/" uri-prefix="samples"/>
     </map:match>

[B]  Subsitemap ( /webapps/cocoon/samples/sitemap.xmap ) --

<map:match pattern="*/**">
         <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="{1}/" check-reload="yes"/>
    </map:match>

The reason why I am so puzzled about the outcome that I am getting is,
based on my understanding of sitemaps, if a request
for:  /webapps/cocoon/samples/poi produces the appropriate Index Page:

MATCH in sitemap:      samples/poi
MATCH in subsitemap: poi

Then, I would believe the same would happen for a request
for:  /webapps/cocoon/samples/reames

MATCH in sitemap:      samples/reames
MATCH in subsitemap: reames

The sitemap log appears to confirm my understanding.

Thanks again.  I am looking for ways to reduce the site content, so that
maybe then the problem will become visible.

Regards,
Douglas Reames

Posted by Stephan Kassanke <ka...@gmx.de>.