Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brendan Sibre <br...@sibre.net> on 2009/12/10 21:49:51 UTC

401 error with Maven Release Plugin

A previous poster wrote:

>Thanks for your response, this fixed the problem! However, another issue
comes up - *release*:*perform* almost worked out except at the very end it
failed to upload the artifact >to the repo, and the error is

>[INFO] [INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file: ......
Return code is: *401*

>I believe this is a permission related issue. But I've got the correct
server username/password pairs in settings.xml and running the deploy goal
in the lifecycle has no problem >having the artifact deployed, it's just the
*release*:*perform* that gets stuck with the permission problem. Anyone
knows why this happens please?
This is with an https url and, like the previous poster, I can do a maven
deploy without any issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: 401 error with Maven Release Plugin

Posted by Matt Milliss <ma...@gmail.com>.
We had the same problem with Archiva but it was fixed with the latest
upgrade, which is why I asked. Sorry don't  think I can help.

Cheers
Matt

Posted by Brendan Sibre <br...@sibre.net>.

Posted by Matt Milliss <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brendan Sibre <bt...@gmail.com>.
This is Maven 2.2.1 with release plugin 2.0-beta-8.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.