Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM> on 2000/04/17 19:13:38 UTC

Dynamically generated PDF in a browser

I seem to recall someone posting to this list some time ago about a problem
showing dynamically generated PDFs in a browser from a servlet (using FOP to
generate the PDF). I now seem to be encountering the same problem, if I try
linking to a servlet that will create a dynamic PDF (as in <a
href='http://1.2.3.4/servlet/chrysalisServlet?response-content-type=applicat
ion/pdf&amp;file=thefile.xml&amp;postprocess=xslt'>Click to show file.</a>),
I get a blank page (the source just has an embed tag). If I click the
browser's Refresh button the PDF displays properly. I am using FOP 0.12.1,
Xalan 1.0.0, Xerces 1.0.3, and IBM WebSphere 3.02 on AIX, the browser is IE
4.

Did whomever originally reported this ever solve it? Any Ideas?

Thank You,
Art