Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com> on 2001/12/03 16:32:48 UTC

Off topic:Old jserv source question

Hi,

Sorry for the legacy question but it seems all the names I come across
when doing a search for this seem to be working on Tomcat...

I'm stuck fixing a problem with a servlet running in jserv/apache
environment.

I have a servlet service() method which sets a response header

 public void service(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp)
        throws ServletException
 {
      resp.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
      if (resp.containsHeader("Pragma"))

The containsHeader() ALWAYS returns false.  I'm running

Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.6 ApacheJServ/1.1.2

I can't find any source for JServeConnection.  Can anyone tell me if
containsHeader is supposed to work.  I found some cvs commits on the web
which may have implied that it always does return false.

Many thanks
Antony

Re: Off topic:Old jserv source question

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Antony Bowesman wrote:

> Thanks Daniel, I noticed your name in the comments, we are just trying
> to remove the jserv dependancy to use tomcat 4.  Most of the work is
> done, just have to get customers to move...

Just recently made the switch from JServ to Catalina myself.  Things
could've gone smoothly, but we were fairly coupled to JServ, so I'm still
trying to tie up loose ends (which is involving patching Catalina).  Best of
luck to you.

Re: Off topic:Old jserv source question

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Antony Bowesman wrote:

> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > Apache JServ sources are still available via anonymous CVS from the
> > Jakarta web site (see http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html).
> > The CVS module name is "java-jserv".
>
> Brilliant!  Thanks Craig.  containsHeader() was broken in jserv 1.1.2.

Noticed by Michael Stack, I submitted a fix for this issue a while back
(committed by Jon Stevens).  JServ development is dead, but if you're in
a situation where you must use JServ, I recommend using CVS HEAD.

Daniel

Re: Off topic:Old jserv source question

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Apache JServ sources are still available via anonymous CVS from the
Jakarta web site (see http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html).  The
CVS module name is "java-jserv".

Craig McClanahan