Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Udi Weinsberg <ud...@tochna.technion.ac.il> on 2001/10/02 19:55:34 UTC

C2 Foriegn Language Support

Has anyone managed to use a form with an html encoded language (%CC)? I'm
trying to put an INPUT field into a Request parameter, but C2 somehow
scrambels the chars!

The problem is with languages that are not latin-based, and thus the
majority of you probably don't care about. However, if this is not
working, it's a major bug in C2!! (btw, it works on tomcat!)

Any help/proposal/ideas will be thankful!

Udi.

Re: C2 Foriegn Language Support

Posted by Enke Michael <Mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.
Udi Weinsberg wrote:

> Has anyone managed to use a form with an html encoded language (%CC)? I'm
> trying to put an INPUT field into a Request parameter, but C2 somehow
> scrambels the chars!
>
> The problem is with languages that are not latin-based, and thus the
> majority of you probably don't care about. However, if this is not
> working, it's a major bug in C2!! (btw, it works on tomcat!)
>
> Any help/proposal/ideas will be thankful!
>
> Udi.

Hi Udi,
not only non latin based languages are affected.
I tried it with a character from ISO-8859-1 with codes above 127
(e.g. the german "A (TeX-notation)).
The http-encoded string in the URL is correct (mapped to unicode),
but the XSPRequestHelper seems to interpret it as two characters.
I never looked into XSPRequestHelper.java but may by there should
be included a way to interpret the parameter value as UTF-8 or other
character encoding as it is done in esql.
Anybody out there who knows better?

Michael