Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com> on 2017/07/11 15:35:11 UTC

Non Durable Queue Cleanup

Hi All,

I'm trying to find the logic that cleans up non durable queues (jms topic subscription).

I can find logic with regards to auto created and auto delete where message count == 0.

But nothing with regards to specific logic to clear up non durables.

Reason I'm asking is we are seeing non durable queues hang about after the jms topic subscriber is gone.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Non Durable Queue Cleanup

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
Michael,

As Andy mentioned it's protocol specific.

With CORE protocol, the client sends a DELETE QUEUE packet.
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/
artemis-server/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/artemis/core/protocol/core/
ServerSessionPacketHandler.java#L376

In AMQP, the queue is deleted on link remote close PACKET:
https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/master/artemis-protocols/artemis-amqp-protocol/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/artemis/protocol/amqp/proton/ProtonServerSenderContext.java#L492

We also have failure handlers that take care of clean up if the client
disconnects unexpectedly.

Cheers

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.