Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by balacode63 <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/14 09:58:03 UTC

PostHttp processor: read timeout error (socketTimeoutException)

Hi all,

I'm using /postHttp/ processor to post data to influxdb. I'm getting the
following error frequently.

/"Failed to Post.....due to java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out;
transferring to failure: java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out;"
/
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n13879/error.png>

Properties for posthttp processor:
Data timeout: 60 seconds
Connection timeout: 60 seconds

Note:
Influxdb and nifi are running in different servers.

Please guide me to fix this issue.

Thanks,
Bala

Re: PostHttp processor: read timeout error (socketTimeoutException)

Posted by balacode63 <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew,
Will check with influxdb mail list.

Re: PostHttp processor: read timeout error (socketTimeoutException)

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.
The influxdb rest endpoint can get overloaded and timeout. Also, see if you
get better results with NiFi's InvokeHttp processor maybe.

Andrew