Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "@lbutlr" <kr...@kreme.com> on 2018/11/04 12:48:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: SSL Handshake Exception in call from Android

On 02 Nov 2018, at 14:58, Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com> wrote:
> The same Android app calls Google Maps https with no problem and also calls another server with https that I do not own with no problem.  So I'm assuming I have something wrong in my httpd config.  But I need some help figuring it out.

Have you checked your server against an ssl reporter like SSL Labs?

<https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/>

If you domain is malcolms.com there are some minor issues:

<https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=malcolms.com&latest>

I suspect the source of your issues are the SNI mismatch, though it could be allowing the deprecated/weak TLS_RSA_* cipher suites.

The lack of SNI leads to “Not trusted by Android trust store"

--
'It's a lovely morning, lads,' he said. 'I feel like a million dollars.
Don't you?' There was a murmur of reluctant agreement. 'Good,' said