Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Patcharee Thongtra <Pa...@uni.no> on 2015/03/11 16:37:23 UTC

bad symbolic reference. A signature in SparkContext.class refers to term conf in value org.apache.hadoop which is not available

Hi,

I have built spark version 1.3 and tried to use this in my spark scala
application. When I tried to compile and build the application by SBT, I
got error>
bad symbolic reference. A signature in SparkContext.class refers to term
conf in value org.apache.hadoop which is not available

It seems hadoop library is missing, but it should be referred
automatically by SBT, isn't it.

This application is buit-able on spark version 1.2

Here is my build.sbt

name := "wind25t-v013"
version := "0.1"
scalaVersion := "2.10.4"
unmanagedBase := baseDirectory.value / "lib"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-core" % "1.3.0"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-streaming" % "1.3.0"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" %% "spark-sql" % "1.3.0"
libraryDependencies += "org.apache.spark" % "spark-hive_2.10" % "1.3.0"

What should I do to fix it?

BR,
Patcharee

Re: bad symbolic reference. A signature in SparkContext.class refers to term conf in value org.apache.hadoop which is not available

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Spark 1.3.0 is not officially out yet, so i don't think sbt will download
the hadoop dependencies for your spark by itself. You could try manually
adding the hadoop dependencies yourself (hadoop-core, hadoop-common,
hadoop-client)

Thanks
Best Regards