Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Mosley <er...@globogift.com> on 2001/04/19 18:12:25 UTC

freeBSD

Is the main reason that Tomcat is not recommended on freeBSD that there
isn't a stable jdk1.2 port at the moment?

Has anybody had any experience with Tomcat on freeBSD? What jdk are you
using and is it working well?!

Eric

RE: freeBSD

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
I've been using Tomcat with Red Hat myself,
simply because the number of tools and options
for Linux are greater, but I have a port of JDK
1.1.8 for fBSD and I haven't heard or seen any
stability problems with that port.

Re: freeBSD

Posted by AC <sm...@lisea.com>.
I'm using tomcat on freeBSD with jdk 1.8 native with TYA jit, another one
with jdk 1.2 native, still another one with linux-jdk 1.2 and I've tested
linux jdk1.3 (classic mode only) in my test machine. No problem till now on
all the server.
Even the jakarta.apache.org site is running freeBSD!!

andrea

Re: freeBSD

Posted by Matt Goss <mg...@rtci.com>.

RE: freeBSD