Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/27 09:02:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc5)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
(incubating) version 0.9.0.

A vote on this release has passed within the Spark PPMC.

The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-incubating (commit 95d28ff3):
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=95d28ff3d0d20d9c583e184f9e2c5ae842d8a4d9

The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc5

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc

The list of keys associated with Spark is available at:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/spark.asc

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1006/

http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc5-docs/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating!

The vote is open until Thursday, January 30, at 08:05 UTC
and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating

To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc5)

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reminder Patrick

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
The status page is updated and it looks good to me.

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Patrick,

We’ve already had two approved Incubator releases and gone through those items, so is it possible to not block the release on this status page? It seems orthogonal to having a release.

Matei

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Checked the legal files and signatures.

It looks good to me.

Regards
JB

On 01/27/2014 04:11 PM, Henry Saputra wrote:
> NOTICE and LICENSE files look ok - good
> Signatures and hashes are checked - good
> No executable files in the source - good
> Code compiled with sbt - good
>
> +1 (binding)
>
> - Henry
>

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark
>> (incubating) version 0.9.0.
>>
>> A vote on this release has passed within the Spark PPMC.
>>
>> The tag to be voted on is v0.9.0-incubating (commit 95d28ff3):
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-spark.git;a=commit;h=95d28ff3d0d20d9c583e184f9e2c5ae842d8a4d9
>>
>> The release files, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc5
>>
>> Release artifacts are signed with the following key:
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/pwendell.asc
>>
>> The list of keys associated with Spark is available at:
>> https://people.apache.org/keys/group/spark.asc
>>
>> The staging repository for this release can be found at:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1006/
>>
>> The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc5-docs/
>>
>> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating!
>>
>> The vote is open until Thursday, January 30, at 08:05 UTC
>> and passes if a majority of at least 3 +1 IPMC votes are cast.
>>
>> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating
>>
>> To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
>> http://spark.incubator.apache.org/

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Spark 0.9.0-incubating (rc5)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (398J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 from me:

SIGS and CHECKSUM check out.

[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-spark-0.9.0-rc5] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/stage_apache_rc spark 0.9.0-incubating
http://people.apache.org/~pwendell/spark-0.9.0-incubating-rc5/
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100 5387k  100 5387k    0     0  1217k      0  0:00:04  0:00:04 --:--:--
1234k
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100   490  100   490    0     0   3678      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
6901
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100    77  100    77    0     0    644      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
1262
[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-spark-0.9.0-rc5] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/verify_gpg_sigs
Verifying Signature for file spark-0.9.0-incubating.tgz.asc
gpg: Signature made Thu Jan 23 22:33:27 2014 PST using RSA key ID 9E4FE3AF
gpg: Good signature from "Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 5AA9 0E72 812F F246 7904  277D 548F 5FEE 9E4F E3AF
[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-spark-0.9.0-rc5] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/verify_md5_checksums
md5sum: stat '*.tar.gz': No such file or directory
md5sum: stat '*.bz2': No such file or directory
md5sum: stat '*.zip': No such file or directory
spark-0.9.0-incubating.tgz: OK
[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-spark-0.9.0-rc5] mattmann%

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect