Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Bob Stewart <rs...@vmirror.com> on 2000/11/26 19:08:21 UTC

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar

I've looked in the archives and seen lots of references to this problem, but no cure.

I'm trying to run a test script (below) in mod_perl.

The script runs as it should, BUT  if I do a graceful reboot of the
httpd, this message, "Attempt to free unreferenced scalar.",  starts
showing up in my httpd error_log file.

Can anyone tell me why?

I have only one test mod_perl script running (below).

I'm running:    Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24

perl -V
  Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3) configuration:
  Platform:    osname=linux, osvers=2.2.14-5.0smp, archname=i686-linux
   (RedHat Linux)

This is all I have about perl in httpd.conf:

PerlFreshRestart on
<Files ~ "\.pcgi$">
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler Apache::Registry
</Files>

This is my script:

#! /bin/perl
use strict;
my $egg;
my $ismp;
if ($ENV{'MOD_PERL'}) {
	$ismp = "<P>mod_perl is running...";
}
if($egg){
	$egg = "initialized";
}else{
	$egg = "Not initialized";
}

print  "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\n";
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>What?</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>";
print "<h1>egg = $egg</h1>$ismp";
print "</body></html>";

Thanks  for any advice!

  Bob Stewart