Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by steff aka sid <sr...@brockhaus-gruppe.de> on 2008/06/17 17:21:09 UTC

Hardware Requirements

Hi,
I want to know if there are any hardware requirements for SM. I beliebe that
there are much dependencies for the hardware like the used protocols, XSLT
transformations, size of data etc. etc. but is there anything what is
recommeded to use? Some vendors of other esb products say ok you need 1 GB
memory or something like that. Recommendations which will fit for most
development issues maybe where no high load is assumed.

/Regards
Steffen

Re: Hardware Requirements

Posted by mattrpav <ma...@airband.com>.
I'd say a minimum of 1 GB of RAM, but recommend at least 2Gb so you can run
the VM with -Xmx1024 and give the OS some breathing room.  This assumes a
box essentially dedicated to SM, and not running a local database or other
heavily used services.