Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Norman Walsh <nd...@nwalsh.com> on 2001/02/08 14:29:38 UTC

Namespace of result tree fragments

I have an extension function that takes a DocumentFragment (or
ResultTreeFrag, I've tried both) as an argument. I'm suprised to find,
as I walk though that fragment, that the element nodes have null
namespace uris and null local names, even when they are clearly
namespace qualified names:

  Node: [fo:block: null]
  nsuri: null
  localname: null

Am I using the wrong interface, or have I failed to set some switch?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@East.Sun.COM    | It is better to waste one's youth than
Technology Development Group | to do nothing with it at all.--Georges

Re: Namespace of result tree fragments

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Norman Walsh wrote:

> I have an extension function that takes a DocumentFragment (or
> ResultTreeFrag, I've tried both) as an argument. I'm suprised to find,
> as I walk though that fragment, that the element nodes have null
> namespace uris and null local names, even when they are clearly
> namespace qualified names:
>
>   Node: [fo:block: null]
>   nsuri: null
>   localname: null
>
> Am I using the wrong interface, or have I failed to set some switch?

I've forgotten most of my meager XalanJ1 knowledge but I seem to
remember that it didn't support true SAX2/DOM2 namespace support.  I
think you might have to go find the namespace node yourself in order to
figure out the URI.

Gary

jrun-event.log

Posted by chris markiewicz <cm...@commnav.com>.
hello.

i am running xalan 1.2.? in jrun.  it seems to occasionally log errors to
jrun-event.log.  is this strictly a jrun issue or is there something i can
do on the xalan side?

thanks
chris