Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Dan Kearns <da...@thekearns.org> on 2008/08/29 23:52:35 UTC

3rd party libs in build

Hi,

The axis2-war target produces a war with some redundant libs in it. Is it
safe to assume Ode is not sensitive to the version differences in these?

Couple related questions....
- Is there still a reason to ship xerces?
- Is jaxen needed if all processes will be using xpath 2?

thanks,
-d

(the redundant libs)
backport-util-concurrent-2.2.jar
backport-util-concurrent-3.0.jar

commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0.jar
httpcore-4.0-alpha5.jar

jaxen-1.1.1.jar
jaxen-1.1-beta-8.jar

jibx-run-1.1.5.jar
jibx-run-1.1-beta3.jar

log4j-1.2.13.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar

wsdl4j-1.6.1.jar
wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar

xercesImpl-2.8.1.jar
xercesImpl-2.9.0.jar

Re: 3rd party libs in build

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

AFAIK, different versions of jars are there because Axis2 1.4.1 uses some
different versions of jars when compared with ODE. I think by modifying ODE
build script this can be fixed. I have used ODE 1.2 release with Axis2
1.4.1, I think no problems will occur if we remove old jars from build.

Thanks
Milinda

--
http://mpathirage.com
http://wso2.org "Oxygen for Web Service Developers"

Re: 3rd party libs in build

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Matthieu Riou wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Dan Kearns <da...@thekearns.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The axis2-war target produces a war with some redundant libs in it. Is it
>> safe to assume Ode is not sensitive to the version differences in these?
>>

> Correct Maybe a result of our recent upgrade to Axis2 1.4.1?

This was actually the reason why I refactored the dependencies list, and
while I was at it I upgraded to 1.4.1, so the problem
has been there before and should actually be solved now by having
Axis2's dependencies explicitly listed in the Rakefile.

Currently there is still a dependency with jibx impls as they are only
available in a maven 1 repo. We could either ignore the dependency in
the rakefile (as its also shipped with axis2-webapp and is therefore
included in ours) or upload it to pxe.intalio - now clue whats better.
The first breaks the concept of explicitly declared axis2 dependencies.

Cheers,
  Tammo

Re: 3rd party libs in build

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.