Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)" <ex...@us.bosch.com> on 2014/11/24 21:35:12 UTC

Help on Notification for SOLR

Hello,

I am working on implementing a notification system when there is any change in the solr index (Addition or removal of documents from Index).

Can someone guide me on the starting point. I see some articles using DIH? Is there any way using without DIH.

Thanks

Ravi

Re: Help on Notification for SOLR

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
There are commit notifications scripts in solrconfig.xml, there is JMX,
there is whatever the admin UI uses for "freeze and show change" screen.
And, as mentioned already, URP chains.

Regards,
     Alex

Posted by Ramzi Alqrainy <ra...@gmail.com>.
of course there is another approach which is using Solr Clients. So, you can
use solr clients for specific language like PHP, JAVA, ...

For Example :

JAVA Solr Client :

SolrJ is an API that makes it easy for Java applications to talk to Solr.
SolrJ hides a lot of the details of connecting to Solr and allows your
application to interact with Solr with simple high-level methods.

String urlString = "http://localhost:8983/solr";
SolrServer solr = new HttpSolrServer(urlString);
SolrInputDocument document = new SolrInputDocument();
document.addField("id", "552199");
document.addField("name", "Gouda cheese wheel");
document.addField("price", "49.99");
UpdateResponse response = solr.add(document);

// Remember to commit your changes!

solr.commit();

If you want another language, you can tell me and I will help you .

EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions) wrote

Posted by Gonzalo Rodriguez <GR...@searchtechnologies.com>.
Hi,

You might want to take a look at the UpdateRequestProcessor and UpdateRequestProcessorChain classes:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor and http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_10_2/solr-core/org/apache/solr/update/processor/UpdateRequestProcessorChain.html

You can hook a chain to your update request handler and use a ScriptUpdateProcessor to implement your notification system.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/ScriptUpdateProcessor

Hope this helps,
Gonzalo