Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Simon Chu <si...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/03 02:35:15 UTC

question about Cassandra error

I downloaded cassendra 0.6.5 and ran it, got this error:

bin/cassandra -f
 INFO 16:46:06,198 JNA not found. Native methods will be disabled.
 INFO 16:46:06,875 DiskAccessMode 'auto' determined to be mmap,
indexAccessMode is mmap

is this an issue?

When I tried to run cassandra cli from the example, I got the following
errors:

cassandra> use Keyspace1 sc 'blah$'
line 1:0 no viable alternative at input 'use'
Invalid Statement (Type: 0)
cassandra> set Standard2['jsmith']['first'] = 'John';
line 1:13 mismatched input '[' expecting DOT

is this a setup issue?

Simon

Re: question about Cassandra error

Posted by Stu Hood <st...@rackspace.com>.
JNA is _not_ necessary to use Cassandra, but the server can perform some operations more efficiently if JNA is in place.

Not sure what is causing the error you are seeing in the CLI though: those statements appear to be valid.

we can't distribute JNA with Cassandra, so you must manually add it to
the Cassandra lib/ directory or otherwise place it on the classpath."

Posted by Mike Peters <ca...@softwareprojects.com>.
  Simon,

Posted by Benjamin Black <b...@b3k.us>.
You seem to be typing 0.7 commands on a 0.6 cli.  Please follow the
README in the version you are using, e.g.:

set Keyspace1.Standard2['jsmith']['first'] = 'John'