Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/02 12:58:25 UTC

SchemaExport adds engine=MyISAM to all create table statements.

Hey guys,

I've been using Hibernate's SchemaExport tool (5.1.x) for a long time it
has always created an sql script with create-table statements like this:

    create table abstract_modifiable_entity (
        id bigint not null,
        code varchar(255) not null,
        created_by varchar(255),
        created_date datetime,
        last_modified_by varchar(255),
        last_modified_date datetime,
        primary key (id)
    );

However now that I try to upgrade to the latest 5.2.x I see a change - it
adds engine=MyISAM to the end of every create-table statement:

    create table abstract_modifiable_entity (
       id bigint not null,
        code varchar(255) not null,
        created_by varchar(255),
        created_date datetime,
        last_modified_by varchar(255),
        last_modified_date datetime,
        primary key (id)
    ) engine=MyISAM;

Is this intentional or a bug? I tried to find something in the changelog
but I couldn't. I even tried to declare the InnoDB dialect:

spring.jpa.database-platform=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL57InnoDBDialect

but it still adds the MyISAM engine.

Is there any API to set the required engine?

Thank you.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Re: SchemaExport adds engine=MyISAM to all create table statements.

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Opps - wrong mailing list :(

Sorry for the spam :(