Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laurent PETIT <LP...@sqli.com> on 2004/12/20 15:46:55 UTC

maven as a tool to launch hsqldb server ?

Hello,

I want to provide a simple & easy way for developers to launch hsqldb server
as a standalone server (or any other command line tool such as MiddleGen
....).

We use maven, and for the project, maven has all the dependencies needed
(right jars on the dependencies ...)

My question is :

is there a way to start some main() method of a class via a maven xxx call ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Laurent PETIT

Re: maven as a tool to launch hsqldb server ?

Posted by Pascal Thivent <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:16:14 -0200, Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 12:46, Laurent PETIT wrote:
>
> > is there a way to start some main() method of a class via a maven xxx call ?

It should be easy to call the org.hsqldb.Server from maven using the
ant <java> task. Something like that in your maven.xml :

    <goal name="hsql:start">
        <echo>Starting HSQLDB</echo>
        <ant:java classname="org.hsqldb.Server"
            classpathref="maven.dependency.classpath">
            <arg line="-database.0 mydb"/>
            <arg line="-dbname.0 xdb"/>
        </ant:java>
        <echo>HSQLDB Started</echo>
    </goal>

This is a starting point and is absolutly not finished. Nothing is
dynamic, location of database file need to be customized...

> Take a look on the test cases for the hibernate plugin, they use hsqldb
> (and hence start the server).

I may be wrong but I think they are executing HSQLDB in "In-Process
(Standalone) Mode".

> I was thinking about writing an hsqdlb plugin some time ago, but haven't
> had the time to play with it though...
>
> -- Felipe

Pascal

Re: maven as a tool to launch hsqldb server ?

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Laurent PETIT <LP...@sqli.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to provide a simple & easy way for developers
> to launch hsqldb server
> as a standalone server (or any other command line
> tool such as MiddleGen
> ....).
>
> We use maven, and for the project, maven has all the
> dependencies needed
> (right jars on the dependencies ...)
>
> My question is :
>
> is there a way to start some main() method of a
> class via a maven xxx call ?

you can just use "." as database name, and it will be
started in process wizout writing anything to disk.

all users of hypersonic using the same connection url
will share the instance.

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
... Sucht gerade nach neuen Projekt oder Festanstelung....
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/