Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by James Mason <ma...@apache.org> on 2004/08/27 08:23:36 UTC

Re: DB2 server not responding after short time using Slide 2.1 be ta

Warwick Burrows wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I haven't picked up the latest fixes from the head yet so if the fix you and
> Oliver made was in there and after the beta release then I don't have it
> yet.

The changes were part of the beta, so... :(

> I'm not an expert on DB2 (on Windows) so I seem to have logging enabled but
> I'm not sure where to check for the log of all sql statements. I have opened
> the journal but it doesn't seem to have a lot of information. Where would I
> find the statement log?  Also the logging I have enabled for my database is
> the default, called "circular logging", which may be less detailed than the
> other option they give me. Should I enable the other logging method?
> Circular logging has automatic rollover but the other method doesn't.

Unfortunately, I think you more know about DB2 than I do. I was never
even able to find a working client download! DB2 should be able to offer
you some sort of statement log; it will likely be a debug feature since
it shouldn't normally be needed. Maybe your driver has a parameter you
can pass? I'd recommend searching the web or finding a DB2 admin that
you can ask. If you've got support IBM should be able to tell you
straight up.

I think there are also tool available to monitor a jdbc connection and
watch what's going on. Maybe you can find one of those that will monitor
what's going on?

-James