Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rodney Broom <rb...@home.com> on 2000/04/21 21:03:53 UTC

ENV var names rewritten to REDIRECT_*

I've written a handler to do some auth work. It's implimented in a .htaccess
with PerlAuthHandler. In the package, I set a couple of ENV keys for use by
any pages/scripts in the request. Well, I have 3 different page types that
can load under this auth system, CGI, mod_perl, and an internal thing called
.wga. I have a script of each that just dumps out the ENV. Here's what
happens in the pages in responce to attempting to set ENV from the auth
handler:

#-- In auth handler
$ENV{MY_KEY} = $my_val;
#-- From .cgi page
MY_KEY = $my_val

#-- In auth handler
$r->subprocessed_env(MY_KEY => $my_val)
#-- From .mpl page
MY_KEY = $my_val

#-- In auth handler
$r->subprocessed_env(MY_KEY => $my_val)
#-- From .wga page
REDIRECT_MY_KEY = $my_val

The only difference that I can find is that .wga is also called through
another handler. Thoughts?

Rodney