Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/16 11:37:28 UTC

Apache TomEE Embedded

Hi,

I am writing about all the ways that an Apache TomEE can be installed.
Basically I explain four (of course it could be more but I think they could
be the most used ones).

* Distribution file
* Maven dependency plugin
* Dropin WAR
* Embedded

My question is regarding to embedded one. When you add embedded tomee as
dependency

    <dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
  <artifactId>tomee-embedded</artifactId>
  <version>1.6.0.2</version>
</dependency>

What package is being imported (Webprofile or a mix). I said that because
inspecting dependencies you can see that for example Connector dependencies
are downloaded (which they are not a part of WebProfile), but for example
JAXRS or WebServices are not downloaded.

Thanks!!

  Alex Soto Bueno - Computer Engineer
  www.lordofthejars.com

Re: Apache TomEE Embedded

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
right, we changed tomee-* artifacts version to align it on tomee
version and not openejb

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/