Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Ma...@fiducia.de on 2010/12/13 13:35:31 UTC

Axis2 (AXIOM) in wss4j

Hello,

I'm currently dealing with a problem to sign/encrypt a very large message,
containing mostly attachments (50.000-100.000 attachments, each ~10-20kB).
I use Axis2 with its AXIOM model. Now my problem is, that I have to convert
this AXIOM model to DOM Document (using a method from rampart - Document
doc = Axis2Util.getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope(msgContext.getEnvelope(), false
);) Now I'm facing the problem, that my memory explodes... I have read,
that it should be sonehow possible to pass a ("wrapped"?) AXIOM to wss4j.
There was a project - Thomara - in 2009 whitch was an wss4j implementation
based on Axiom, but I can't find it.

It would be great, if I could pass AXIOM to wss4j, it would read the
attachments (they are all in DataHandlers), process it, and give me an
Axiom back, with attachments in new data handlers.

The best, and greatest would be, if the signing/encryption of the
attachments would be done parallel - we live in a multi processor world...
But it is a very nice to have....

And now my question - it something like this possible now, and if yes -
how? A code exampleis wellcomed.
If it is not possible now - is it planned, or not?

My last hope is, to do the signating/encryption of attachment on my own
without wss4j. The attachments would not be part of the SOAP-Message, only
some informations about them, so I can signt the signatures (md5-sum?) to
ensure that they were not manipulated. The encryption is then to by done
separately for each attachment .
 But it would make some work, so I hope there is something I can use...

Greetings,
Marcin Markiewicz

Fiducia IT AG
Fiduciastraße 20
76227 Karlsruhe

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
AG Mannheim HRB 100059

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gregor Scheller
Vorsitzender des Vorstands: Michael Krings
Stellv. Vorsitzender des Vorstands: Klaus-Peter Bruns
Vorstand: Jens-Olaf Bartels, Hans-Peter Straberger

Umsatzsteuer-ID.Nr. DE143582320, http://www.fiducia.de

Re: Axis2 (AXIOM) in wss4j

Posted by Ma...@fiducia.de.
Hello,

I found it out! I can use DOOM ( with "Document doc = SAAJUtil.
getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope(msgContext.getEnvelope());") to have a DOM
containing AXIOM.
The only one thing I miss now is a new wss4j-version working on
DataHandlers instead of Strings in case of optimized OMText elements...

Greetings,
Marcin Markiewicz

Von:	Marcin.Markiewicz@fiducia.de
An:	wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org