Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Bagwell, Allen F" <af...@sandia.gov> on 2007/05/02 00:32:36 UTC

what do to with delivered ivy file?

I have modules that use ivy:publish.  Here is a code snippet:

<ivy:publish resolver="my-artifacts" pubrevision="${ivy.new.revision}" forcedeliver="true">
   <artifacts pattern="${cpp.dir.include}/[artifact].[ext]" />
   <artifacts pattern="${cpp.dir.src}/[artifact].[ext]" />
</ivy:publish>

My project space looks like:
build.xml
include/
ivy.xml
src/

The publish call delivers an ivy file at include/ivy.xml with revision and publication info in it.  It always gets generated with forcedeliver="true" because used in tandem with ivy:buildnumber, the revision number otherwise wouldn't increment properly.

My question: is there a way to force the generated ivy file to a different location other than the first directory in the list of artifact patterns?  Perhaps either in newly created dir like ivyrev/ or in the base directory as ivy-[revision].xml so it won't overwrite the real ivy.xml file which is under version control?

Thanks,
Allen

Re: what do to with delivered ivy file?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/07, Bagwell, Allen F <af...@sandia.gov> wrote:

> I have modules that use ivy:publish.  Here is a code snippet:
>
> <ivy:publish resolver="my-artifacts" pubrevision="${ivy.new.revision}" forcedeliver="true">
>    <artifacts pattern="${cpp.dir.include}/[artifact].[ext]" />
>    <artifacts pattern="${cpp.dir.src}/[artifact].[ext]" />
> </ivy:publish>
>
> My project space looks like:
> build.xml
> include/
> ivy.xml
> src/
>
> The publish call delivers an ivy file at include/ivy.xml with revision and publication info in it.  It always gets generated with forcedeliver="true" because used in tandem with ivy:buildnumber, the revision number otherwise wouldn't increment properly.
>
> My question: is there a way to force the generated ivy file to a different location other than the first directory in the list of artifact patterns?  Perhaps either in newly created dir like ivyrev/ or in the base directory as ivy-[revision].xml so it won't overwrite the real ivy.xml file which is under version control?
I think srcivypattern is what you're looking for:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/use/publish.html

Xavier

> Thanks,
> Allen