Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ilya Zvyagin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 13:10:43 UTC

STOMP client

Does AMQ as a project provide a STOMP-based client for a message broker (AMQ
in particular),
or I should use some 3d party STOMP connector for Java for this?

I do have STOMP listener turned on on the AMQ broker server side.
I need a small client to be able only to produce messages for the broker in
my client application.
I have to use a limited JRE (1.5) for this and I don't want to use JMS
therefore.

Thanks.

Re: STOMP client

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at this:

https://github.com/fusesource/stompjms

Any stomp 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 client will work with ActiveMQ.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 5:10 AM, Ilya Zvyagin <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does AMQ as a project provide a STOMP-based client for a message broker
> (AMQ
> in particular),
> or I should use some 3d party STOMP connector for Java for this?
>
> I do have STOMP listener turned on on the AMQ broker server side.
> I need a small client to be able only to produce messages for the broker in
> my client application.
> I have to use a limited JRE (1.5) for this and I don't want to use JMS
> therefore.
>
> Thanks.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: STOMP client

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Was https://github.com/fusesource/stompjms not simple enough?

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Ilya Zvyagin <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the story has ended like this:
>
> There is NO actually simple and isolated Java client library based on
> STOMP.
> There are STOMP server-side connectors included in the builds of AMQ and
> some other MBs.
> But there is no a simple small client library for this.
> There is STOMPJ project on Goodle Code but it seems to be abandoned and
> broken (have some bugs/problems) but has no source code.
>
> Hence, I had to write my own small implementation of STOMP client for Java.

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.*

*hchirino@redhat.com <hc...@redhat.com> | fusesource.com | redhat.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

Re: STOMP client

Re: STOMP client

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
there's a bunch of clients here...
http://stomp.github.com/implementations.html

you could just telnet in to ActiveMQ and use that as a STOMP client?
http://fusesource.com/docs/broker/5.4/connectivity_guide/BHIJBDJH.html

On 13 December 2012 12:10, Ilya Zvyagin <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does AMQ as a project provide a STOMP-based client for a message broker (AMQ
> in particular),
> or I should use some 3d party STOMP connector for Java for this?
>
> I do have STOMP listener turned on on the AMQ broker server side.
> I need a small client to be able only to produce messages for the broker in
> my client application.
> I have to use a limited JRE (1.5) for this and I don't want to use JMS
> therefore.
>
> Thanks.

James
-------