Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <gy...@laserlink.net> on 2001/01/03 21:54:19 UTC

[RFC] new Apache::Dispatch feature

hi all...

I know Apache::Dispatch is starting to become quite feature, uh, rich, but
would be interested in what people who are using it (if any :) thought about
something...

I've been noticing in my logs that people are starting to get nosy and, for
Foo/Bar/baz people are wondering what is in /Foo/Bar (for which Dispatch
returns DECLINED and Apache returns NOT_FOUND)...

maybe it would cut down on (some of) this poking around if we could do
/Foo/Bar/baz.asp or something :)

currently, if $uri =~ m![^\w/-]! then we decline the request... I was
thinking changing this to a translation of any non-word characters in the
method name to _ or something: /Foo/Bar/baz.asp => My::Bar->dispatch_baz_asp

or maybe stripping off everything after the . (or maybe both :)

Of course, it would be only for appearance, which is why I'm asking...
anyone interested?

--Geoff

BTW, the latest version, close to CPAN and without the above modifications
can be found at

http://morpheus.laserlink.net/~gyoung/modules/Apache-Dispatch-0.09.tar.gz

Re: [RFC] new Apache::Dispatch feature

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

GY> or maybe stripping off everything after the . (or maybe both :)

GY> Of course, it would be only for appearance, which is why I'm asking...
GY> anyone interested?

I don't think this will reduce snooping.  Even with *.html files in
directories I get snoops looking for whatever else is there.