Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by FrankBrown <fr...@agfa.com> on 2008/10/15 23:17:05 UTC

help upgrading Geronimo v1.1 to 2.1?

We would like to upgrade our windows(2003) server from Geronimo v1.1 to 2.1.
Are there instructions for this someplace that I have not found yet?    Our
apps use myfaces / tomahawk and postgres.     What issues will we need to
watch out for?

Thanks for the help.

Re: help upgrading Geronimo v1.1 to 2.1?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 15, 2008, at 2:17 PM, FrankBrown wrote:

> We would like to upgrade our windows(2003) server from Geronimo v1.1
> to 2.1.
> Are there instructions for this someplace that I have not found yet?

hopefully but I don't know either :-/

>   Our
> apps use myfaces / tomahawk and postgres.     What issues will we
> need to
> watch out for?

Postgres should be no problem, we now have a postgres specific tranql
adapter that may make using postgres a little easier.

One significant difference is that jsf is included in the server by
default.  If you are using a jsf 1.2 version of myfaces you probably
won't have much trouble to remove myfaces jars from your app and use
the built-in support.  You may have more problems if you are using an
earlier jsf version.

Let us know if you have more questions or run into problems.  Others
may have more suggestions as well.

thanks
david jencks