Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by ro...@globalgraphics.com on 2001/08/01 09:45:41 UTC

RE: integration with other products

Actually, I was looking for more in-depth details than just the usage-patterns.
Maybe I should have added more detail. We're using xalan-c. The product will be
compiled across the usual suspects as well as SGI. For example, I notice that
the Xalan-c source is split across across several platforms; I suspect that
we'll want to integrate the source back into one tree. How easy would that be?

At 31/07/01 18:50:26, "Gunnlaugur Thor Briem" <gt...@dimon.is> wrote:
#  Hi Roger,
#
#  > I'm about to embark on integrating Xalan with one of our products (yes,
#  I've
#  > read the licence agreement and we will be adhering to it) and I was
#  wondering if
#  > there were any FAQs/advice on the topic anywhere.
#
#  One approach might be to ... try the website!
#
#  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/usagepatterns.html
#  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/usagepatterns.html
#
#  (never would have thought of looking there
#  without asking the mailing list, right? ;)

Still doesn't answer the question: can I use Expat instead of Xerces in xalan-c?

Roger