Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/18 01:45:02 UTC

Re: How to use i18n inside of a user defined action?

On 18.02.2004 12:59, ToyToy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using i18n inside a xsl to translate the options of a html selector
> (combo-box). The individual options are generated by a user-defined cocoon action
> (in java) as i18n keys. The same action also processes the client response.
> Unfortunatly the parameter with the user selected item now contains the
> translated text, so I can't compare it with my i18n keys.

The options have a key and a value. While you should translate the value
(= the displayed entry) you should of course not translate the key. The
key is sent back to the server after the client made it choice. I18n
should make no problem using it this way.

Joerg