Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rakesh Deshmukh <rd...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/25 10:42:32 UTC

Memcached testing with JMeter

Hi,

Friends, I am running memcached server on one machine and want to perform
stress test on it therefore I chosen JMeter for testing purpose.

I need Java Objects that JMeter will send to Memcached server but when I add
a tread group in the test plan and then add Java Request, it desn't show
option for server setting to send Java Objects to my Memcached server.

How can I implement it. Please help me to solve this problem

If someone has any web link that has examples of Java Objects then plz that
also share it.

Rakesh

--
Don't blame me why linux is open source !!

Re: Memcached testing with JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
JMeter does not support this out of the box; the only Java Requests
provided are examples, which are really only useful for experimenting
with test plans.

You'll need to write the appropriate sampler and add the jar to the
lib/ext directory.

Or, you might be able to use the BeanShell sampler.

You'll still need to write Java code, but you won't need to build or package it.

I'm not sure that it is possible to create a generic Java Object
sampler. Seems to me that these would be specific to the application.

S.