Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2005/04/22 04:09:52 UTC

mod_jk working together with mod_userdir - possible or not?

Hello,

is there any chance, to get mod_jk so configured, that it can handle jsp
files, servlets ( complete webapps ) in the "apache mod_userdir"
directory?
I want to have ~/pubic_html/*.jsp interpreted by tomcat but it seems
mod_jk isnt able to handle it, am i right or wrong?
Any solutions for this problem? Pros & Cons?

best regards

Torsten Krah

Re: mod_jk working together with mod_userdir - possible or not?

Posted by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>.
I got it partially working,

<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
directoryName="public_html"
userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase"/>

added in server.xml shows local users dirs. but local defined ones only.

Is there anyway to got user directories out from nss, to get home
directories from name service switch modules like nis or ldap?

best regards

Torsten Krah

Posted by Mladen Turk <ml...@jboss.com>.

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
In order to get Tomcat to handle requests as in

http://www.xyz.com/~username

you need to use the Tomcat UserConfig class and then have apache pass off all
requests to .jsp to tomcat with mod_jk.

Details to use UserConfig in tomcat are at a few places including

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/25/tomcat_tips.html?page=2

(tip #7)

Test if first by

http://www.xyz.com:8080/~username/nameOfFile.jsp

If you get beans and servlets working in user's public_html directory let me know
because I've tried for 2 weeks and couldn't get them to work.

Good luck