Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2003/04/01 10:31:56 UTC

["Thomas F. O'Connell" ] Xerces::DOMParse and XML-Xerces-2.0.0-3

Jason,

My name is Thomas O'Connell, and I'm just getting started in an
evaluation of Xerces/Xalan for an XML project. I got Xerces-C++ and
Xerces-Perl 2.0.0 installed, but I'm noticing that XML::Xerces::DOMParse
doesn't seem to be included.

Are there subsitutes for the DOMParse API present in the core Xerces.pm
now? I ask because the sample scripts posted on the website are broken
without XML::Xerces::DOMParse.

If it would be better for me to post to the dev list, just let me know.
Unfortunately, I was unable to access the archives.

Thanks!

-tfo

Re: ["Thomas F. O'Connell" ] Xerces::DOMParse and XML-Xerces-2.0.0-3

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Thomas F. O'Connell" <tf...@netcentral.com> writes:

> Are there up-to-date pages lying in wait, or will they need to be
> created from scratch?

They need to be re-written. They are created using XML templates that
are transformed using a set of XSLT stylesheets.

I haven't got much help maintaining this code over the past year or so
(hint: I'd love more volunteers ;-), and the WWW pages fall much lower
priority than releasing new versions.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: ["Thomas F. O'Connell" ] Xerces::DOMParse and XML-Xerces-2.0.0-3

Posted by "Thomas F. O'Connell" <tf...@netcentral.com>.
No problem. The website still lists the current version of Xerces Perl
as 1.7.0-1, even though 2.0.0-3 is what's available at

http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-p/stable/

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.

Posted by "Thomas F. O'Connell" <tf...@netcentral.com>.
To Jason and everyone else: