Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@portalvu.com> on 2004/07/31 16:41:02 UTC

Re: JSF with tiles

Get the old Struts and old tiles versions that are servlet based, and do
not use the Struts plugin.
.V

Re: JSF with tiles

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@portalvu.com>.
http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/doc/installation.html

I am not sure what version's we are talking about, I just used to use it
like this.

.V

ron1 wrote:
> V. 1.0 ?
>
> Vic Cekvenich wrote:
>
>> Get the old Struts and old tiles versions that are servlet based, and
>> do not use the Struts plugin.
>> .V
>>
>> ron1 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> I would like to port my application to JSF (without using Struts),
>>> only I would not like to loose the ve template capability of tiles.
>>>
>>> In googling I found some solutions which enable using the tiles tag
>>> lib, but no nice solution of using tiles directly.
>>>
>>> What I would consider as a nice solution is if JSF would refer to
>>> tiles definision names, thus calling a tiles template instead of
>>> directly calling a JSP.
>>>
>>> One scenary of doing this is defining a servlet which handles
>>> requests and lets tiles process them.
>>>
>>> Other scenrios I could think about is implementing an JSF renderer
>>> which again lets tiles do the work.
>>>
>>> So far so good - has anyone done such a thing? a working example? any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>> I tried to implement such a servlet, and got stack in a
>>> NullPointerException throughn by the factoy getString method
>>> (xmlDefinisions.I18nFactorySet). :-(
>>>
>>> Help would be great :-)
>>>
>>> Thanx,
>>> Ron

RE: JSF with tiles

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Ron,

the MyFaces-OpenSource-JSF-Implementation
has an optional ViewHandler-clazz for Tiles.
Get it from CVS build it on your own
and watch the tiles-example. (http://myfaces.org)

Btw. MyFaces is now in Apache Incubator and the
next releas 1.0.6-beta comes next week, i guess.
so then a bin-version of 1.0.6-beta will be downloadable

btw. a very simple usage of MyFaces(1.0.5-beta) and Tiles
you got here:
http://wessendorf.net/myfacesTilesSample.war

Cheers,
Matthias