Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ByteFlinger <by...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 20:45:35 UTC

No ERROR level logs when failover is triggered

Hi

I currently have a 5.8.0 PooledConnectionFactory configured with 2 different
brokers using the failover protocol.

I have noticed that when the client fails to connect to first broker (Or any
at all should all of them be down) it will silently keep retrying in the
background. Most of this functionality is fine except that it is very
annoying when you have logs on INFO or ERROR level (Which is common on
production servers) and absolutely nothing is printed on the logs as all
messages about the failover are written in DEBUG and TRACE level.

Is there a way to change this behaviour? I'd like for it to keep doing what
it is doing however I'd like to get an ERROR message saying that it has
failed to connect to a specific broker url, every time it is not able to
connect to a broker for whatever reason.

Re: No ERROR level logs when failover is triggered

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 10/23/2013 02:45 PM, ByteFlinger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I currently have a 5.8.0 PooledConnectionFactory configured with 2 different
> brokers using the failover protocol.
>
> I have noticed that when the client fails to connect to first broker (Or any
> at all should all of them be down) it will silently keep retrying in the
> background. Most of this functionality is fine except that it is very
> annoying when you have logs on INFO or ERROR level (Which is common on
> production servers) and absolutely nothing is printed on the logs as all
> messages about the failover are written in DEBUG and TRACE level.
>
> Is there a way to change this behaviour? I'd like for it to keep doing what
> it is doing however I'd like to get an ERROR message saying that it has
> failed to connect to a specific broker url, every time it is not able to
> connect to a broker for whatever reason.

There's an open issue in regards to this here:

Should see something in the 5.10.0 release

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.