Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jo...@mail.sprint.com on 2002/08/21 19:14:59 UTC

Jakarta-Site2 module

Where may I download the Jakarta-Site2 module?  I don't have access to
the apache cvs repository behind my company firewall.  Am I correct in
assumming that I can modify the module to generate documenation for an
internal company website.  I wanted to replace the Jakarta logo with
another one but otherwise use the same look and feel.

Thanks,

John J. Wright
Workflow Broker Development
Enterprise Architecture
ISS/Sprint LDD
(913) 315-4706
Jabber ID: jjw2844@jabber3.dev.sprint.com
http://issea.corp.sprint.com/

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Doug Bateman <do...@techie.net>.
> > P.S.  Yes, this does defeat the value of the firewall.
> There is no value to a firewall.

Gee, I add the disclaimer to avoid starting any possible flame,
only to have the disclaimer do the job.  Sheesh....

However, I agree with you Jon.  Sadly, I don't always get to
make the decisions.

--
Paradise is always where love dwells.

     Richter (1763-1825)
     German Novelist

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2002/8/23 8:42 AM, "Doug Bateman" <do...@techie.net> wrote:

> P.S.  Yes, this does defeat the value of the firewall.

There is no value to a firewall.

-jon

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Doug Bateman <do...@techie.net>.
You could also try http-tunnel, a handy little utility to say the
least.  Basically, it lets you tunnel arbitrary TCP traffic over
HTTP through the use of a relay, which they host.  It's
a commercial product these days, but you can use it for free.

   http://www.http-tunnel.com/

Doug

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
please just drop all this already. I don't think the authors of related
projects really appreciate any of this....

- Leo

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> Instead of using Jakarta-site2, you can use Maven[1], a nice Jakarta Project
> with a large developer[2] and user base[3] that does so much more than just
> generating documentation. b6 was just released.

This type of advertisement is totally unhelpful. Jon, please have more
dignity than to resort to this type of marketing.

The guy already said that he can't access CVS through his firewall,
which is really the only way to get at Jakarta-site because, as far as I
can tell, no one is making snapshots of that CVS tree.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com>.
On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 15:30, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> I won't bother to reply.
> ;-)

You mean you are capable of NOT replying to every single message sent to
this list? I was beginning to wonder...

-- jt

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.
BTW Jon, after this mail you can satiate your characteristic need to
have the last word and I won't bother to reply.
;-)

Thanks for just being you I needed some amusement to brighten my day. :-)

-Andy

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.
LOL you crack me up Jon.  I was simply pointing out that he could
achieve the same thing via a downloadable
snapshot he could do so with centipede and achive roughly the same look
and feel.  This wasn not intended as a
new flame war with jon session.  If you didn't find that helpful, please
delete it ;-)

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <an...@superlinksoftware.com>.

RE: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

RE: Jakarta-Site2 module

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
John,
Actually you don't need the whole of jakarta-site2 if you just want to adopt
the l&f, and the xdocs transformation you can do that by using the xsl sheet
and Ant's "style" task, without the need for anything else.
James does that at the moment. http://jakarta.apache.org/james its too
simple for words.

1/ get this file:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-site2/xdocs/stylesheets/site.xsl

2/ and put something like this in your build.xml:

  <target name="xdocs" depends="prepare,prepare-jdbc3">
                basedir="${docs.src}/"
                destdir="${build}/docs"
                includes="**/*.xml" >
  </target>